Welcome. I am an Assistant Professor in Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Birmingham with the group of Geometry and Mathematical Physics.
My recent research on video for a LMS workshop, for an INI workshop, and in slides.
Here are links to my papers on the arXiv, to my Google Scholar profile and my CV.
Publications and preprints:
- Stable maps to Looijenga pairs built from the plane
- Stable maps to Looijenga pairs, joint with P. Bousseau and A. Brini, accepted to Geom. Topol.
- Prelog Chow rings and degenerations, joint with C. Böhning and H.-C. von Bothmer, Rend. Circ. Mat. Palermo (2), Special Issue: Rationality Problems
- Prelog Chow groups of self-products of degenerations of cubic threefolds, joint with C. Böhning and H.-C. von Bothmer, Eur. J. Math., vol. 8 (2022), no. 1, 260-290
- Stable maps to Looijenga pairs: orbifold examples, joint with P. Bousseau and A. Brini, Lett. Math. Phys., vol. 111 (2021), no. 4, Boris Dubrovin Memorial Issue
- On the log-local principle for the toric boundary, joint with P. Bousseau and A. Brini, Bull. Lond. Math. Soc., (2022), no. 1, 161-181.
- Sheaves of maximal intersection and multiplicities of stable log maps, joint with J. Choi, S. Katz and N. Takahashi, Selecta Math. (N.S.), vol. 27 (2021), no. 4
- Log BPS numbers of log Calabi-Yau surfaces, joint with J. Choi, S. Katz and N. Takahashi, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc., vol. 374 (2021), 687-732
- Local BPS Invariants: Enumerative Aspects and Wall-Crossing, joint with J. Choi, S. Katz and N. Takahashi, Int. Math. Res. Not., vol. 2020, no. 17, 5450–5475
- Local Gromov-Witten Invariants are Log Invariants, joint with T. Graber and H. Ruddat, Adv. Math., vol. 350 (2019), 860-876
- Logarithmic Enumerative Geometry and Mirror Symmetry, joint with D. Abramovich and H. Ruddat, Oberwolfach Rep., vol. 16 (2019), no. 2, 1639-1695
- A constructive approach to a conjecture by Voskresenskii, joint with M. Florence, Selecta Math. (N.S.), vol. 23 (2017), no. 4, 2899-2906
- On a conjecture by N. Takahashi on log mirror symmetry for the projective plane, Adv. Stud. Pure Math., vol. 83 (2019), Primitive forms and related subjects – Kavli IPMU 2014.
- Local and relative BPS state counts for del Pezzo surfaces, Proc. Sympos. Pure Math., vol. 93 (2016), String-Math 2014.
- Enumerative aspects of the Gross-Siebert program, joint with P. Overholser and H. Ruddat, Calabi-Yau Varieties: Arithmetic, Geometry and Physics, Fields Inst. Monogr., vol. 34 (2015)
- Introduction to Donaldson-Thomas and stable pair invariants, Calabi-Yau Varieties: Arithmetic, Geometry and Physics, Fields Inst. Monogr., vol. 34 (2015)
- Integrality of relative BPS state counts of toric del Pezzo surfaces, joint with T. Wong and G. Zaimi, Commun. Number Theory Phys., vol. 7 (2013), no. 4, 671-687
My name in Korean 미셸, in Japanese 魅志江流 and in Chinese 米歇尔.
Some lectures on the Gross-Siebert program and other bits of maths.
And one of my favorite pieces of music.